This document provides instructions for installing a SSL certificate for MAC OS X 10.7. If you can not follow the steps, please contact Apple.
NOTE: If you have not yet generated your CSR, please see the following solution: SO19103
Before starting, you will need to download your certificate. If you have not yet obtained your certificate,
do so using the following instructions: SO8061
1. Open up Profile Manager
2. Click on Manage Certificate
3. Replace certificate with the SSL certificate you downloaded from Symantec website
4. Drag the certificate here, and click on Replace certificate button
5. Then open up KeyChain, you need to configure the certificate to make sure it's trusted.
6. Download the Intermediate CA certificate from this link: INFO657
Select the appropriate Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL Certificate type.
NOTE: To check which certificate type you have purchased, follow the steps from this link: SO13499
7. You can simple drag the Intermediate CA certificates to the System KeyChain.
8. From the KeyChain, examine the certificate.
9. Once you have examined the details, expand the Trust section and choose “Always Trust” for both
“X.509 Basic Policy” and the “When using this certificate” pull-down.
10. Finally, click the “Always Trust” button.
11. Check to make sure the installed certificate is correctly assigned to the web service.
To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Symantec Installation Checker