Step 1: Download the Root and Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Download the Root certificate for your SSL product from this link: SO20329
2. Copy and paste the file on a Notepad
3. Save the file as root.txt
4. Download the Intermediate CA certificate cor your SSL product from this link: AR1548
5. Copy and paste the Intermediate CA certificate to a Notepad document
7. Save the file as intermediate_ca.txt
Step 2: Install the Root and Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Open the Server Certificate Admin database and click "View & Edit Key Rings".
2. Click "Select Key Ring to Display" and enter your server's key ring file.
3. Click "Create Key Rings & Certificates" option in the Server Certificate Admin database.
4. Click "Install Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring."
5. Enter the server's key ring file name in the Key Ring Information section.
6. In the "Certificate Label" field enter the name of the Root CA
7. Return to the Domino Server Certificate Admin document.
8. Paste the root.txt into the "Certificate from Clipboard" area.
9. Click the "Merge Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring" button.
This adds the certificate to your key ring.
10. Repeat these steps to install the intermediate_ca.txt file.
Step 3: Obtain the SSL Certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate will be sent by email.
2. Copy the certificatethe from the body of the email and paste it into a text file
using Vi or Notepad.
The text file should look like:
3. Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and
that no white space, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE: The certificate can be also downloaded from the RapidSSL User Portal by
following the steps from this link: SO16222
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
4. Save the file as SSL.txt
Step 4: Install thr SSL Certificate
1. In Notes, from the administration panel, click System Databases and
choose Open Domino Server Certificate Administration (CERTSRV.NSF) on the local machine.
2. Click Install Certificate into Key Ring
3. Enter the file name for the key ring that will store this certificate. You created this key ring file when
you created the server certificate request.
4. Choose one of the following options
5. If you copied the contents of the certificate to the clipboard in Step 1, select Clipboard in the
"Certificate Source" field. Paste the clipboard contents into the next field.
NOTE: If you received a file that contained your certificate in Step 1, detach the file to your
hard drive and select File in the "Certificate Source" field. Enter the file name in the File name field.
6. Click "Merge Certificate into Key Ring."
7. Enter the password for the server key ring file and click OK to approve the merge.
8. Verify the installation of the certificate chain using our RapidSSL Installation Checker