Solution ID : SO19327
This document provides installation instructions for iPlanet 6.x. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, RapidSSL recommends that you contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports iPlanet 6.x.
Step 1: Obtain the RapidSSL Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Download the RapidSSL intermediate CA certificate.
2. Copy and paste the file to a Notepad document.
4. Save the file as intermediate_ca.txt
Step 2: Install Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Select the server instance to manage and click Manage.
2. Click Security.
3. Click Install Certificate.
4. Select Server Certificate Chain.
5. Enter the key pair file password.
6. Enter a Certificate Name. Example: RapidSSL CA.
7. Select Message text (with headers).
8. Paste the contents within the intermediate_ca.txt file into the box,
including the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----
9. Click OK.
10. Click Add Server Certificate.
11. Do not shutdown and restart the server, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Obtain your certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate will be sent by email.
2. Copy the certificate imbedded in the body of the email and paste it into a text file
using Vi or Notepad.
The text file should look like:
3. Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and
that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE: The certificate can be also downloaded from the RapidSSL User Portal.
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
4. Save the certificate filename with the .txt extension.
Step 4: Install your certificate
1. Select the This Server option.
2. Enter the key pair file password.
3. Enter a Certificate Name. Example: www.mysecurewebsite.com
4. Select Message text (with headers).
5. Paste the Certificate text into the box and click OK.
6. Click Add Server Certificate.
7. Click Apply.
8. Select the apply changes that allows the server to restart.
9. To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Installation Checker