Solution ID : SO19333
This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, RapidSSL recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Zeus.
Step 1: Download the RapidSSL Intermediate CA certificate
1. Download the RapidSSL intermediate CA certificate.
2. Paste the certificate to a Notepad document.
NOTE: Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
3. Save the file as Intermediate.pub
Step 2: Obtain the RapidSSL Certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate will be sent by email.
2. Copy the certificate imbedded in the body of the email and paste it into a text file using Vi or Notepad.
The text file should look like:
3. Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE: The certificate can be also downloaded from the RapidSSL User Portal. Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
4. Save certificate filename with the .pub extension. For example: my.pub
Step 3: Install the SSL Certificate
1. Creating a chained certificate is a matter of performing a few command line operations to 'cat' or combine the public certificate and the RapidSSL Intermediate CA certificate together.
NOTE: These operations cannot currently be performed from the web Admin Interface.
2. In an example, if your public certificate is in the file 'my.pub' and the Intermediate certificate is in the file 'Intermediate.pub', type the following command:
cat my.pub intermediate.pub > chained.pub
3. Open the Zeus Web Controller. For example: http://server:9090
4. From the left-hand menu click SSL Certificates.
5. Open the chained.pub file that was created earlier and copy all of the text. Paste this into the certificate text box.
6. Click Ok
7. To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Installation Checker