Generate a new certificate signing request (CSR) for IBM iSeries / AS400 server.
1. Start Digital Certificate Manager (DCM). Having problems starting or opening DCM? Please visit: IBM iSeries Information Center
2. In the navigation pane, select Create New Certificate Store
: For renewal, select Select a Certificate Store
> Manage Certificates
> Renew Certificate
> select certificate you want to renew > Renew
3. Select *SYSTEM
as your certificate store > Continue
4. Select Yes to create a certificate as part of creating the *SYSTEM certificate store
5. Click Continue
Select Thawte or other Internet Certificate Authority (CA) as the signer of the new certificate
7. Click Continue
8. A form will display. The information inputted into this form will display on your certificate.
9. Complete the form > click Continue
Make sure to copy and paste the certificate signing request (CSR) file into a plain text editor and save. If you close your window without saving, you will need to start over.
How to install a certificate onto a IBM iSeries server?
For more information, refer to IBM knowledge base article: