To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on Zimbra 5.0.x, 6.0.x, & 7.0.x server using Command Line Interface (CLI), perform the following steps.
- Log in as root.
- Run the following zmcertmgr command to generate a CSR.
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr createcsr comm -new -subject "/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=My Company/OU=IT Department"
Note: The following fields are required when generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US or CA.
- State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California
- Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Berkeley.
- Organization (O): If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll. Example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corportation or XY and Z Corportation.
- Organizational Unit (OU): This field is optional; but can be used to help identify certificates registered to an organization. The Organizational Unit (OU) field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request.
- Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like "www.company.com" or "company.com".
For more information on Zimbra server using CLI commands, please visit the following web site.