Only an administrator can download a certificate from a GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center account. To download a certificate, perform the following steps:
- Log into the GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center account.
- Click SSL Certificates tab
- Locate the certificate you wish to download within the list and click on the entry
Note: Administrators of the account can view all certificate orders that are placed and this includes orders placed by Subscribers. A Subscriber can only view orders that they have placed directly.
- Scroll Down
- Click Pick up Certificate
- Click Download certificate
- Select Format
- PKCS#7 (Microsoft IIS)
- Highlight or select the entire certificate contents in the window and Copy the selection
- Open a plain text editor such as Notepad and Paste the contents
- Save this file. Choose a file name and a file extension. The file extension can vary depending on the type of server the certificate will be installed on.
Most common extensions are .cer for Microsoft server and .crt for Apache/OpenSSL based servers. You can choose to save this initially as .txt and then rename the extension.
Note: The certificate is also emailed to the Technical Contact listed in the order.