This document was created to assist with the installation of a RapidSSL certificate in Amazon Web Service. If this document can not be used within the environment, RapidSSL recommends contacting an organization that supports Amazon Web Service.
To use a certificate in the Amazon Web Service, please follow the steps below:
- If a certificate has already been issued, skip to Step 4. Otherwise, Generate a private key and CSR using OpenSSL. When generating the private key, do not include the -des3 switch as AWS does not support passphrase protected private keys.
- Submit the CSR with an order. If you have questions in regards to your pending order, please contact our order processing team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the RapidSSL certificate. Select "Other" / "X.509" as the server platform.
- Upload the certificate files.
Certificate Name:* - Provide a name for the certificate.
Private Key:* - Open the private key file that was generated with OpenSSL in Step 1. Using a plain-text editor, copy and paste the full certificate text into the field.
Public Key Certificate*: - Open the SSL certificate file downloaded in Step 3. Using a plain-text editor, copy and paste the full certificate text into the field.
Certificate Chain: - Open the intermediate certificate file downloaded in Step 3. Using a plain-text editor, copy and paste the full certificate text into the field. This field is not required to submit the certifiate, however if the intermediate certificate is not included, browsers errors can be expected.
- Verify the certificate installation using the RapidSSL Installation Checker
For more information please visit the Amazon documentation