To generate a new wallet & Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using Oracle Wallet Manager, perform the following steps.
Step 1: Create a new wallet for Oracle Wallet Manager
Note: The recommended key bit size is 2048-bit.
- From the menu bar, select Wallet > New
- Enter the password twice > click OK
Note: The password must contain eight alphanumeric characters and special characters
- Select Add a certificate request. If not, select Cancel > select Wallet > Save in the system default to save the new wallet
Step 2: Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Oracle Wallet Manager
- Select Operations > Add Certificate Request
- A dialog box will appear to enter your certificate information
For explanation of required CSR fields, refer to solution SO16749
- Select OK
Step 3: Export a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) as a file
- In the left panel, select the Certificate Signing Request you want to export
- From the menu bar, select Operations > Export Certificate Request
- Enter a file name and directory you want to save your file to > select OK