This document provide CSR generation instructions for Oracle Wallet Manager. If this document can not be used within the environment, RapidSSL recommends contacting the server vender.
NOTE: As of 1/1/2016 all public SSL certificates must be issued as SHA-256 with at least a 2048 bit key length. Please ensure the server can supports the standards before requesting a certificate.
Step 1. Create a new wallet for Oracle Wallet Manager
- From the menu bar, select Wallet > New
- Enter the Password twice > click OK
- Select Add a certificate request. If not, select Cancel > select Wallet > Save in the system default to save the new wallet
Step 2. Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Oracle Wallet Manager
- Select Operations > Add Certificate Request
- A dialog box will appear to enter your certificate information.
Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US
State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California
Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Mountain View
Organization (O): Enter the organization name exactly as it is registered. Avoid special characters.
Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. Example, www.bbtest.net or *.bbtest.net for a wildcard.
- Select OK
Step 3. Export a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) as a file
- In the left panel, select the Certificate Signing Request you want to export
- From the menu bar, select Operations > Export Certificate Request
- Enter a file name and directory you want to save your file to > select OK
- Proceed with Enrolment.
Once the certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.