This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Exchange 2013. If this document can not be used on the server, RapidSSL recommends contacting Microsoft.
NOTE: To generate a CSR for Microsoft Exchange 2013 using the Exchange Management Shell (command line) perform the steps located here.
To generate a CSR for Microsoft Exchange 2013 using IIS perform the following steps:
- Start IIS by selecting Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Select Server Certificates
- Click Create Certificate Request on the right side.
- Complete in full all the required fields in the new page that will appear, without any abbreviation, except the country code.
- Common Name: The fully qualified domain name that the certificate will be issued to and secure.
- Organization: The registered organizational name.
- Organizational Unit: The department within the organization.
- City/locality: The Business registered location (not the actual server location)
- State/province: The Business registered state or province
- Country/region: The two letter ISO country code
- Click Next
- Click 2048 or 4096 from the Bit Length: drop down list.
- Click Next
- Specify the file name and location for the certificate request file.
- Click Finish
- Copy the saved CSR when requesting a certificate including the header and footer lines
- Proceed with the Enrolment.
NOTE: During the enrolment open the CSR file created from the above steps and copy the full contents into the enrollment form.
Once the certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.