This document provides instructions for installing a SSL certificate on Plesk 10. If you are not able to follow the steps, please contact Plesk.
Step 1: Obtain the SSL Certificate
- Once your Managed PKI for SSL administrator has approved your Certificate request, you will receive an email with
a certificate download link, also attached (cert.cer), as well as in the body of the email itself.
- Copy the certificate, imbedded in the body of the email and paste it into a text file using Vi or Notepad.
NOTE: Do not use Microsoft Word or other word processing programs that may add characters.
Confirm that there are no extra lines or spaces in the file.
The text file should look like:
NOTE: Download the certificate from your Managed PKI for SSL subscriber services page.
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
- Save the certificate as public.txt
Step 2: Install the SSL certificate
- Click on Website and Domains tab.
- Click on the SSL certificates link.
- Click on Manage for the domain you want to install the SSL certificate. For example below, abc.com
- Click Add SSL Certificate
- You can upload the Private key and your SSL Certificate by browsing to the file or paste in the box respectively.
NOTE: The private key was created together with the CSR and should never be supplied to your CA.
- Download and install the Intermediate CA certificate and Root CA certificate by following the steps from this link.
- Upon completing of above steps, please click on Websites & Domains link at the top again.
- Then click on Web Hosting Settings.
- Select the SSL certificate from the Certificate menu.
NOTE: If there is no Certificate menu on the screen, this means that you are on a shared hosting account.
Therefore you need to upgrade your hosting package and purchase a dedicated IP address from your provider.
- Select the SSL support check box and click OK.
- Verify your installation with the DigiCert Checker