This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for iPlanet 6.x. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, RapidSSL recommends that you contact Oracle.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
NOTE: All certificates that will expire after October 2013 must have a 2048 bit key size.
Step 1: Create a Key Database
1. Select the server instance to manage and click Manage.
2. Click Security
3. Click Create Database
4. Enter and confirm a password to protect this database.
Step 2: Generate a CSR
1. Click Request a Certificate
2. Enter your email address as the CA Email address.
NOTE: RapidSSL does not use this email for accepting certificates, so a copy will be emailed to you.
3. Enter a key pair file password to protect your keys. This can be the same password as the key database.
4. Fill out all of the CSR information, and click OK. This step will prompt for the
following X.509 attributes of the certificate:
5. The server will generate the CSR and display it on the page.
6. Click Apply to commit the changes. You have just created a key pair and a CSR.
7. To copy and paste the information into the enrollment form, open the file in a
text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad or Vi are recommended).
8. Go to Enrollment.
During the verification process, RapidSSL may need to contact your organization.
Be sure to provide an email address, phone number, and fax number that will be
checked and responded to quickly. These fields are not part of the certificate.
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions: SO19327