This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for IBM iSeries / AS400 server. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact IBM.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request, perform following steps:
- Start Digital Certificate Manager (DCM).
NOTE: If you having problems with DCM refer to IBM iSeries Information Center
- In the navigation pane, select Create New Certificate Store
NOTE: For renewal, select Select a Certificate Store > Manage Certificates > Renew Certificate > select certificate
you want to renew > Renew
- Select *SYSTEM as your certificate store > Continue
- Select Yes to create a certificate as part of creating the *SYSTEM certificate store
- Click Continue
- Select Symantec as the signer of the new certificate
- Click Continue
- A form will display. The information inputted into this form will display on your certificate.
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name to which your certificate will be issued.
- Organization: The full legal name of your company.
- Organizational Unit: Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization.
- City or Locality: Usually the city of your organization's main office, or a main office for your organization.
- State or Province: Enter the full name of your state or province.
Note: Make sure the State or Province is not abbreviated (e.g. California).
- Country: Enter the two-character abbreviation of country in which organization resides (e.g. US).
- Complete the form > click Continue
NOTE: Make sure to copy and paste the certificate signing request (CSR) file into a plain text editor and save. If you close your window without saving, you will need to start over.
- Verify your CSR
- Proceed with Enrollment
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server: SO22436
For more information refer to IBM Support