This document provides instructions for installing a SSL certificate for MAC OS X 10.7. If you are not able to perform the steps on the server, please contact Apple.
NOTE: If you have not yet generated your CSR, please see this solution
Step 1: Obtain the SSL certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate download link will be sent by email.
2. Download and extract the certificate zip file from the email.
Please select X.509 as a certificate format.
Step 2: Install the SSL certificate
1. Open up Profile Manager.
2. Click on Manage Certificate.
3. Replace the certificate with the SSL certificate you downloaded from RapidSSL website.
4. Drag the certificate here, and click on Replace certificate button.
5. Then open up KeyChain, you need to configure the certificate to make sure it's trusted.
6. If you do not have the intermediate CA, download it from this solution.
7. Save the Intermediate CA certificate using TextEdit with a .crt extension (ex. intermediate_ca.crt).
8. You can simply drag the CA certificate to the System KeyChain.
9. From the KeyChain, examine the certificate.
10. Once you have examined the details, expand the Trust section and choose “Always Trust” for both
“X.509 Basic Policy” and the “When using this certificate” pull-down.
11. Finally, click the “Always Trust” button.
12. Check to make sure the installed certificate is correctly assigned to the web service.
13. Verify the installation of the certificate using our RapidSSL CryptoReport