WebHost Manager is the control center of the CPanel / WebHost Manager package. It is used to set up and manage accounts. This document provides CSR generation instructions for WHM 11. If this document can not be used on the server, RapidSSL recommends contacting the server vendor or the organization which supports WHM.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file using WHM follow the steps below:
- Log in to WHM and from the menu, navigate to the SSL/TLS section
- Click on the Generate an SSL certificate and Signing Request link in the SSL/TLS menu
- Enter the details for the certificate request.
- Email: It is not recommended to include an email address in the CSR. Email addresses are not included in SSL certificates and the certificate will be delivered to the contact email address provided with the order. Please enter an email address only if the version of WHM used requires this field to be populated.
- Password: Enter a password for the private key that will also be generated.
- Host to make cert for: Enter the address of the site to be secured. For example, www.bbtest.net
- City: Enter the city where the organization is headquartered.
- State: Enter the state where the organization is headquartered.
- Country: Enter the country where the organization is headquartered. Use this 2-letter country code.
- Company Name: Enter the organization name as it is legally registered.
- Company Division: Enter the department or team within the organization requesting the certificate.
- Click Create
- Your CSR will now have been created. Open the CSR in a plaintext editor and copy and paste the contents into the online enrollment form when requested.
Once the certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.
For additional information please refer to cPanel 11 Documentation.