This document was created to assist with the generation of a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for F5 BIG IP 9.x or 10.x. If this document can not be used within the environment, RapidSSL recommends contacting an organization that supports F5 BIG IP.
To generate a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Launch the F5 BIG IP Web GUI.
- Under Local Traffic click SSL Certificates.
- Click Create.
- Under General Properties provide a certificate name. This name will be used in the future to identify this certificate on the device.
- Under Certificate Properties enter the following information:
Issuer: Select Certificate Authority from the dropdown menu.
Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the host + domain. For example, www.bbtest.net or *.bbtest.net for a wildcard.
Division: This field is the name of the department or business unit making the request. For example, Technical Support.
Organization (O): Enter the organization name as it is registered. Avoid special characters. For example: Symantec Corporation
Country Name (C): Use the two-letter ISO code without punctuation for the country, for example: US
State or Province (S): Enter the state or province where the organization is headquartered. Do not abbreviate, for example: California
Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Mountain View
E-mail Address: This field is not recommended. The email address is not included in certificates.
Challenge Password, Confirm Password: Enter a password for the private key. RapidSSL will be unable to recover the password.
- Under Key Properties select at least 2048.
- Click Finished.
- The CSR text will be displayed. The button below the text can be used to save the CSR file.
- Verify your CSR
- Copy from a plain text editor and paste the entire text of the CSR into the enrollment form. Include the header and footer lines, but no extra blank spaces or blank lines.
Once the certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.