To export a Code Signing Certificate for Microsoft Authenticode in .PFX format from Internet Explorer, perform the following steps:
- From the menu bar, click Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Certificates.
- In the Personal tab, select the certificate you wish to export. Click Export.
- The Certificate Export Wizard will open, click Next > Select Yes, Export the Private Key > Click Next
- Manually check the option box "Include all certificates in the certification path if possible" > Click Next
- Enter the password to protect the certificate and private key being exported. Enter this password again to confirm then click Next
- Click Browse to the directory where you wish to store the file and select a file name
- Click Save > Next > Finish
Once the .PFX file has been created, it can be used with the Code Signing Certificate for Microsoft Authenticode signing tools. Refer to the following solutions.
- Code Signing Certificate for Microsoft Authenticode signing instructions via command line, refer to solution: SO15544.
- Microsoft Windows 64-bit kernel-mode signing, refer to solution: SO5820.