This document provides instructions for installing SSL certificate for cPanel versions 10-11.
Step 1: Download the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA certificate
- Download your certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file you downloaded contains the following certificates:
- SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity certificate).
- Intermediate CA certificate (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the SSL certificate).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 2: Install the SSL Certificate
- Login to cPanel
- Under Security click the SSL/TLS Manager icon.
- Under Certificates (CRT), click on Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
- In the Upload a New Certificate section, click the Browse button and locate the SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, as described in Step 1). If you highlighted and copied the contents of your SSL certificate file using a text editor, paste it in the Paste the crt below: box.
- Click the Upload button.
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports cPanel.
Step 3: Activate SSL on the Web Site in WHS (HTTPS)
- Under Activate SSL on Your Web Site (HTTPS), click on Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site.
- Under Install/Update a SSL Host, select the domain from Domain drop down list.
The system will attempt to Fetch the End Entity certificate and Private key.
NOTE: If fetching the End Entity certificate & private key does not work, you may need to contact your web hosting provider.
- In the CA Bundle (CABUNDLE) section, use a text editor to open the Intermediate CA certificate file (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, as described in Step 1). Copy the contents of the Intermediate CA file and paste it in the Paste the ca bundle here (optional): box.
- Click Install Certificate.
- The certificate is now added to the server and assigned to the domain.
Step 4: Verify certificate installation
- Verify your installation with the Symantec Installation Checker
For additional information, see cPanel Support website.