This document provides instructions for installing SSL certificate on Mac OS X Server v10.5.
Step 1: Download the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download your certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file you downloaded contains the following certificates:
- SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity certificate).
- Intermediate CA certificate (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the SSL certificate).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 2: Install the Intermediate CA Certificate
- Launch the Keychain Access application (/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access).
- If the button at the lower left of the Keychain Access window is labeled "Show Keychains" then click the button to show the Keychain list.
- Select the "System" keychain.
- Select File > Import. Navigate to and select the Intermediate CA certificate file (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, as described in Step 1).
- Verify that the Intermediate CA certificate appears in the list.
- Close the Keychain Access application.
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Mac OS X Server v10.5.
Step 3: Install the SSL Certificate
- In Server Admin, connect to the server where you want to install the certificate.
NOTE: When prompted for password, enter the server administrator's password.
- Highlight the server node in the SERVERS list.
- Select the Certificates button from the toolbar at the top of the right pane.
- Select the item representing the certificate you have requested.
- Click the "Gear" button and select Add Signed or Renewed Certificate from Certificate Authority.
- Paste the text of your SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, as described in Step 1) into the text box. Be sure to include the "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" header and footer lines.
- Click OK, then Save.
Step 4: Assign the Certificate to Web Services
After installing the SSL certificate & Intermediate CA certificate, you can assign the certificate to the desired services (Web, Mail, iChat, Open Directory, etc.).
- In the appropriate settings pane for the desired service, select the certificate you installed.
- Click Save.
The screenshot below shows the Web service being configured to use the new certificate:
Step 5: Verify certificate installation
- Verify your installation with the Symantec Installation Checker
For additional information, see Apple Support website.