This document provides instructions for installing SSL certificate on Mac OS X Server v10.6.
Step 1: Download the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download your certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file you downloaded contains the following certificates:
- SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity certificate).
- Intermediate CA certificate (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the SSL certificate).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 2: Install the Private Key, SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- In Server Admin, click Certificates.
- Click the Add (+) button and choose Import a Certificate Identity.
- Drag the following files to the sheet as indicated below.
- Drag a file containing your private key here - The private key file generated when you created the certificate signing request (CSR) on the server.
- Drag a file containing your public certificate here - Your SSL certificate file (also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity certificate) as described in Step 1.
- Drag extra non-identity certificates here (Optional) - The Intermediate CA certificate file (also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the SSL certificate) as described in Step 1.
- Click the Import button.
If prompted, enter the private key passphrase.
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Mac OS X Server v10.6.
Step 3: Assign the SSL Certificate for Web Services
- Open Web > Sites.
- Choose the site you want to select the certificate onto.
- Click the Security tab, click the checkbox to Enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Choose the End Entity certificate.
- At the prompt "Do you want to restart Web now?" Choose Restart.
Step 4: Verify certificate installation
- Verify your installation with the DigiCert Installation Checker
For additional information, see Apple Support website.