This document provides instructions for installing SSL certificate on Mac OS X Server v10.7.
Step 1: Download the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download your certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file you downloaded contains the following certificates:
- SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity certificate).
- Intermediate CA certificate (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the SSL certificate).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 2: Install the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Launch the Server app, under the Hardware section, select your server and click the Settings tab.
- Click the Edit button next to SSL Certificate.
- Choose the certificate > Click the Gear icon, and choose Replace Certificate with Signed Or Renewed Certificate.
- Drag and drop the SSL certificate file (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, as described in Step 1) within the "Drag a file containing the new certificate here" window. Click the Replace Certificate button.
- Open the system keychain on the server, drag and drop the Intermediate CA certificate file (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, as described in Step 1) within the KeyChain Access window.
- When prompted to add the Intermediate CA certificate to a keychain. Click Add.
- Relaunch the Server app, under the Hardware section, select your server and click the Settings tab.
- Click the Edit button next to SSL Certificate. Select the SSL certificate for your domain and click OK.
- To confirm the SSL certificate is successfully installed. Within the Settings tab, the SSL certificate is display under SSL Certificate: server.yourdomainname.
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Mac OS X Server v10.7.
Step 3: Verify certificate installation
- Verify your installation with the Symantec Installation Checker
For additional information, see Apple Support website.