Install Your SSL Certificate
- Download the certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file download contain the SSL and Intermediate CA certificate in PKCS#7 file (i.e. ssl_certificate.p7b).
- Unzip the download file onto the server where the install will take place.
- Start the Exchange Management Console by going to Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange 2010 > Exchange Management Console.
- Select "Manage Databases", and then select "Server configuration."
- Select the certificate from the center menu (listed by its Friendly Name), and then select "Complete Pending Request" from the "Actions" menu.
- Browse to the certificate file, then select Open > Complete.
NOTE: Occasionally Exchange 2010 will show following error message, "The source data is corrupted or not properly Base64 encoded."
Please ignore this error. Although the error may appear, the certificate often still installs correctly.
Hit F5 (on the keyboard) to refresh the certificate and verify that it now says "False" under "Self Signed."
If it still shows "True", the wrong certificate may have been selected or the request may have been generated on a different server.
To resolve this issue, create a new CSR on the Exchange 2010 server with the documentation in this link and replace the certificate using the documentation below for the account type.
Certificate Center Enterprise
- To enable the certificate, go back to the Exchange Management Console.
- Select "Manage Databases", and then select "Server configuration" and click on the link "Assign Services to Certificate."
- Select the services for which the certificate must be enabled then click Next > Assign > Finish.
- The certificate is now installed and enabled for use with Exchange 2010.
- Test your certificate by connecting to your server with Internet Explorer, ActiveSync, or Outlook.
If you are unable to use these instructions for the server, Thawte recommends that either the vendor of the software or an organization that supports Microsoft Exchange 2010 server be contacted.
Verify certificate installation
To verify if the certificate is installed correctly, use the Thawte Installation Checker.