Install Your SSL Certificate
- Download your certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file you download contain the SSL and Intermediate CA certificate in PKCS#7 file (i.e. ssl_certificate.p7b).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
- In Windows, go to Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- From the left menu, click the corresponding server name.
- In the Features pane (middle pane), under Security, double-click Server Certificates.
- From the Actions pane (right pane), select Complete Certificate Request.
- Provide the location of the certificate file and a friendly name.
Note: The Friendly Name is a reference name for quick identification of the certificate for the Administrator.
Be sure that the Personal store is selected, then click OK.
Bind services to your certificate using Exchange Admin Center
- Use Internet Explorer to browse to the Exchange Admin Center located at https://localhost/ecp
- Login using your domain credentials.
- Select Servers.
- Select Certificates.
- Select your certificate.
- Select the Edit icon.
- Select Services.
- Select the services you want to secure with your certificate.
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Thawte recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Microsoft Exchange 2013 server.
Verify certificate installation
To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Thawte Installation Checker