This document provides instructions for installing SSL certificate on Oracle Wallet Manager.
Step 1: Download the Root CA Certificate
- Download the Root CA certificate from solution id: SO4362
NOTE: The Root CA certificate file can be saved with a .txt extension (e.g. RootCA.txt).
- Copy the Root CA certificate file onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 2. Download the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download your certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file you downloaded contains the following certificates:
- SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.txt, also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity).
- Intermediate CA certificate (i.e. IntermediateCA.txt, also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the ssl certificate).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 3: Import the Root CA Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Open Oracle Wallet Manager
- Select Operations > Import Trusted Certificate. The Import Trusted Certificate dialog panel is displayed
- Enter the path or folder name of the Root CA certificate file location as described in Step 1.
- Select the name of the Root CA certificate file (e.g. RootCA.txt).
- Click OK. A message at the bottom of the window informs you that the trusted certificate was successfully imported into the wallet.
- Repeat these steps to install the Intermediate CA certificate file (i.e. IntermediateCA.txt, as described in Step 2).
- Click OK to exit the dialog panel. You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main panel, and the trusted certificate is displayed at the bottom of the Trusted Certificates tree.
Step 4: Import the SSL Certificate
- From the Operations menu, click Import User Certificate. The Import Certificate dialog box appears.
- Select Select a file that contains the certificate, and click OK. Another Import Certificate dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the path or folder name of the SSL certificate file location.
- Select the name of the SSL certificate file (i.e ssl_certificate.txt, as described in Step 2).
- Click OK.
- After the SSL certificate installation succeeds, a message at the bottom of the window confirms that the certificate was successfully installed. You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main panel, and the status of the corresponding entry in the left panel subtree changes to [Ready].
NOTE: During the certificate installation you may receive the following error: "User certificate installation failed."
To resolve the issue, follow the steps from solution id: SO6504.
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Thawte recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Oracle Wallet Manager.
Step 5: Verify certificate installation
To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Thawte Installation Checker
For more information, see Oracle Support website.