To download and install the Safenet Authentication Client software for use with Symantec Managed PKI Service, perform the following steps:
Note: This SafeNet driver is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- Unplug your token from your device (this could be your USB device or CAC card)
- Right click and save the SafeNet_Authentication_8.2.zip file on your Microsoft Windows computer (Choose 9.0 for Windows 10)
- Extract the SafeNet_Authentication_8.2.zip file to your Microsoft Windows computer
- Microsoft Windows 32-bit & 64-bit computer, locate and double click the SafeNetAuthenticationClient-x32-x64-8.2.exe file
- The SafeNet Authentication Client 8.2 Installation Wizard window will be display on your Windows computer, click Next
- Select the appropriate language for SafeNet Authentication Client 8.2 interface language, Click Next
- Accept the license agreement radio button, click Next
- Select the radio button for Standard Install, click Next
- Click Next
Note: If you are installing the drivers on Windows 7, click Yes after receiving the User Account Control prompt:
- Click Finish
- Click Yes to restart your Microsoft Windows computer for the configuration changes made to SafeNet Authentication Client 8.2 to take effect.
- After rebooting your Microsoft Windows computer, your token will be ready to use
For additional information and documentation on the SafeNet Authentication Client for Windows. Please see SAC_8.2_ReadMe_Rev_A.pdf file included in the SafeNet_Authentication_8.2.zip file.