Make sure that you have entered the correct domain name in the Common Name field when you generated the CSR file on your server.
To edit the Common Name for the Certificate Request:
1. Log into the following URL, http://www.thawte.com/cgi/enterprise/contents.exe
, using your Thawte ID and password.
2. Click on "SSL Manager", on the left-hand side.
3. Click on the 'Code' (Order Number) which was assigned to the certificate request in question.
4. Click on "Edit Contents", in the gray block on the right-hand side of the page.
5. In the next few pages,the system will prompt you to change/select an "Organization"; "Department or Organizational Unit" - leave these fields as they are.
6. You will then be prompted to change the domain name; "Specify Host Name"; change/correct the domain name in the field and then click on "Next".
7. A confirmation screen will appear, if the details are correct then click on "Next", if not, then click on your browser's "Back" button to correct the changes again.
8. You will then see the Certificate contents and it's current status and you will now be able to approve the certificate.To approve the Certificate see solution SO354
If you are sure that you have entered the correct domain name, then you need to make sure that the domain name in question has been added to your S-PKI Account.
To add a new domain name to your S-PKI Account, please see solution SO296