Chrome 40.x and higher
- For this process to work successfully, you must use the same computer, browser and login that was used during enrollment for the certificate.
- If you have not installed the Root and Intermediate Certificates, follow this link and do so now.
Shortly after completing enrollment, you should receive two emails from the Digital ID Center at the email address you entered in the enrollment form. The first, an approval email, will contain the URL you can use to start installing your certificate. The second will contain the password you need to log in to generate and install your Digital ID Certificate.
Steps for installing Digital ID Certificates in Chrome are as follows:
- Navigate to the URL specified in the Approval email you received
If the URL does not work, use this link
and enter in the Access Code provided in the Approval email.
- Copy the password from your password email
Paste the password into the password field
- Click Generate & Install
- A bar in top of the window should appear notifying you that your Digital ID Certificate has been successfully installed
Verify your installation:
- Click the Sandwich button in the upper right hand corner of Chrome
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click "Show advanced settings..."
- Continue to scroll down until you find the HTTPS/SSL Settings area. Click Manage Certificates...
- Under the Personal tab, you should see a certificate issued to Persona Not Validated
Once your certificate is installed, it is a good idea to back it up. Refer to this KB for instructions on how to do so.