To install the Encryption Everywhere intermediate CA certificate to Apache server, perform the following steps.
Step 1: Download the Symantec Encryption Everywhere SHA-2 Intermediate CA certificate
- Obtain the SHA-2 Intermediate CA certificate, refer to INFO3811.
Step 2: Configure the Apache Server
- Locate the Apache configuration file (e.g. httpd.conf), the configuration file name can be different depending on your Apache version or flavor. The configuration file will need to be updated to reference your server certificate, private key and intermediate certificate files.
- In the Virtual Host settings for your site, locate the SSL certificate settings section and verify that you have the following 3 directives within the Virtual Host. Please add them in if they are not present:
- SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/ssl/crt/public.crt
(This is your server certificate file for your domain)
- SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/ssl/private/private.key
(This is your private key file)
- SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/ssl/crt/intermediate.crt
(This is your intermediate certificate)
Note: As with the example above, the file names can be public.crt, private.key & intermediate.crt. Your server however may use a different naming convention. If you are using a different file location than the example above, you will need to change the paths to match your files on the server.
- Save your Apache configuration file and restart Apache. (If Apache configuration fails to start, check the error logs for clues).
- To verify if the certificate is installed correctly, use the Symantec Installation Checker.