To install a Thawte SSL123 Certificate on BEA Weblogic 5.1, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Obtain the Thawte SSL123 Intermediate CA certificate
a) Download the Thawte Intermediate CA for Thawte SSL123 certificates: AR1384
Note: Be sure to use Vi or Notepad as word processing programs like Microsoft Notepad may add additional characters that may render the certificate unusable.
b) Copy and paste the Thawte SSL123 Intermediate into a text file and save as intermediate.pem
Step2. Download your Thawte certificate
1. You will receive an email when your certificate is issued.
2. Download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solution: SO13187
3. Copy and Paste your Thawte
certificate to Notepad and save as a cert.pem
Copy the Cert.pem to the Weblogic Server Root Directory.
Step 3. Update WebLogic properties file:
1. Open the "weblogic.properties" file in a text editor. This file is located in the server's root directory
2. Edit the following directives contained within the "weblogic.properies" file, under Server certificates for SSL:
3. Stop and start your WebLogic Server.
Note: The padlock icon on your browser will be displayed in the locked position if your certificates are installed correctly and the server is properly configured for SSL. You can also use our installation checker on the following solution: SO9555