To Reissue / Replace a Thawte Wildcard SSL Certificate for an order placed through a reseller/partner, please perform the following steps:
Step 1: Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
Step 2: Access the Thawte User Portal for SSL certificate re-issuance
- Provide the following information requested and click Continue:
- Common Name or Order ID
- Organizational (Administrative) or Technical Contact's e-mail address associated with the SSL order
Note: If you do not know the contact's email address, you will need to contact the Customer Support Department in order to update the order details https://www.thawte.com/support/contact
- The Image Number generated from the Thawte User Authentication page
- Click Request Access against the correct order ID
- An e-mail will be sent to the Technical Contact's e-mail address specified above
- Click on the link listed in the e-mail to access the User Portal
- Click the Reissue Certificate option in the left hand column
Note: If the Reissue option is not available in the User Portal please contact Customer Support Department (above details) to request a manual re-issuance
- On the following screen select your Hashing Algorithm, then copy and paste the new CSR.
- Accept the Subscriber Agreement and click Submit
- After the order is processed and approved, the SSL certificate will be re-issued and sent to the Technical Contact's email address listed on the order
To Reissue / Replace a Thawte Wildcard SSL Certificate for an order placed through your Thawte Certificate Center (TCC) Account, please perform the following steps:
- Log in to your Thawte Certificate Center (TCC) Account.
- Select the certificate you want to Replace from the list of certificates.
- Below the list of certificates, on the status tab under Available Actions, click "Replace".
- Select your Server platform and paste in the CSR (Certificate Signing Request) in the box provided and click the "Submit CSR" button.
- Your enrollment for the replacement is complete. Allow time for the validation and the new certificate to be issued to you.
Replacing an SSL certificate does not add the certificate to Certificate Revocation List (CRL) or immediately flag the certificate as revoked status through Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) responder.
The previous issued certificate should be removed from the server or device. Once the latest replacement issued certificate confirmed working, you need to revoke the previous certificate.
To revoke an SSL certificate immediately, please select Revoke Certificate from within your Thawte User Portal or Thawte Certificate Center (TCC) and complete the process.