This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for SonicWall SSL VPN Appliance. If these instructions do not work in the enviroment, RapidSSL recommends that you contact SonicWall.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on SonicWall SSL VPN Appliance, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the System > Certificates page.
- Click Generate CSR to generate a Certificate Signing Request and Certificate Key.
- The Generate Certificate Signing Request dialog box is displayed.
- Create a password to protect the key being generated. Please note this password as it will be used to install the private key generated locally on the appliance and the issued certificate.
- Fill in the fields in the dialog box.
- Organization (O): If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll, for example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corportation or XY and Z Corportation.
- Organizational Unit (OU): This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request, for example: IT Dept.
- Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Mountain View.
- State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California.
- Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US.
- Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name, for example www.bbtest.net.
- Key Length must be 2048 bit
- Click Submit
- If all information is entered correctly, a csr.zip file will be created. Save this .zip file to disk.
- Open the csr.zip file and copy contents of csr.zip using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Submit the CSR file as part of the certificate enrollment.
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.