This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). If you are not able to use these instructions for your server, GeoTrust recommends you to contact the server vendor.
The SSL/TLS Manager will allow you to generate SSL Certificates, Certificate Signing Requests (CSR) and Keys.
SSL allows you to secure pages on your site so that information (such as logins, credit card numbers, etc) are sent encrypted instead of plain text. It is important to secure your site's login areas, shopping areas, and other pages where sensitive information could be sent over the web.
The first step in generating an SSL certificate is to create a Private Key as per instructions below:
Step 1: Private Keys (KEY)
- Click on the "Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys" link.
- When the page loads, scroll to the bottom and you will see the "Generate a New Key" section. Enter the domain you want to secure with the SSL Certificate in the "Host" text box. Or you can select the domain from the "Select a Domain" drop down menu.
- Click on the "Generate" button.
- Click on the "Return to SSL Manager" link.
- When the page loads, click on the "Go Back" link. This will take you to the main "SSL/TLS Manager" page.
- Continue with "Step 2" below.
Step 2: Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
- Click on the "Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests" link.
- When the page loads, enter the following details:
- Host Select the domain name from the drop down menu.
- Country - Enter your two-digit country code (Eg: US)
- State - Enter your state (no abbreviation)
- City - Enter your city's name.
- Company - Enter your company's name.
- Company Division - Enter your company's division.
- Email - Enter your email address.
- Pass Phrase - Enter any phrase you want to use for the pass phrase.
- Click on the "Generate" button
- Click on the "Go Back" link.
- Verify your CSR with the GeoTrust CSR Checker
- Use the CSR you copied to generate your SSL Certificate with GeoTrust. You can purchase your desired GeoTrust certificate from the following link: https://www.geotrust.com
Step 3: To install the certificate back onto Cpanel 11, please follow the steps from this link: SO21333