Note: The pending request must match the response file. If you deleted the pending request in error you must generate a new CSR and replace this certificate. To generate a new Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on IIS 5 server, refer to this page. To reissue a RapidSSL certificate, refer to this solution.
Step 1: Obtain the SSL certificate and intermediate CA certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate download link will be sent by email.
2. Download and extract the certificate zip file from the email.
1. Open the Internet Services Manager (IIS).
2. Click Start.
3. Select All Programs.
4. Select Administrative Tools.
5. Choose Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
6. Under Web Sites, right-click your web site and select Properties.
7. Click the Directory Security tab.
8. Under Secure Communications, click Server Certificate.
9. The Web Site Certificate Wizard will open, click Next.
10. Choose Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate, then click Next.
11. Select the location of the certificate response file, and then click Next.
Note: By default the wizard will look for a ".cer" file. Click the drop-down arrow next to File Types, and select All Files. Then Browse to the location where the certificate.p7b file was saved.
12. Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate and then click Next.
13. You see a confirmation screen. After you read this information, click Next.
14. Be sure to assign your site an SSL port (443 by default).
15. Stop and start your Web server prior to any testing.
Note: If the changes do not take affect after restarting IIS a re-boot is recommended.
Step 3: Verify certificate installation