This document provides CSR generation instructions using Citrix Access Gateway 4.x. If you are not able to perform the steps on your server, Symantec recommends to contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports Citrix Access Gateway.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Citrix Access Gateway 4.x, perform the following steps:
- In the Administration Tool, Click on the Access Gateway Cluster tab
- In the Certificate Signing Request tab, enter all the required fields as requested
- Common Name: The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like "www.symantec.com" or "symantec.com"
- Organization/Company: If the company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, the symbol must be spelled out or omitted, in order to enroll.
- Organizational Unit: This field is optional; but can be used to help identify certificates registered to an organization. The Organizational Unit (OU) field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request
- Locality or City: The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Berkeley. Do not abbreviate.
- State or Province: Spell out the state completely, do not abbreviate the state or province name. For example: California
- Country Name: Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US
- The Key length must be at least 2048 bits
- Enter a password for the Private Key and keep it saved as it will be needed to install the SSL certificate.
- Click on Generate Request to create a CSR file and save it on your computer.
- Verify your CSR
- Proceed with Enrollment and paste the CSR in the enrollment form when required.
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server: SO14198
Citrix Access Gateway
For more information, refer to Citrix Support.