There are two Methods to obtain an Additional Managed PKI for SSL Administrator ID:
Method 1 - For existing Administrators to add an additional Administrator
- Go to https://enterprise-ssl-admin.websecurity.symantec.com/cgi-bin/getorder.exe
- Click on Support and Services
- From the left hand menu click Additional Administrator ID
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the Enrollment for Additional Administrator ID
Method 2 - For a non-Administrator to enroll for an Administrator ID
Note: To successfully complete this method, you will need to know your Managed PKI for SSL account information. Specifically the Organization and Organizational Unit and the Jurisdiction. If you do not know this information, please contact your Symantec sales representative to obtain your Managed PKI for SSL account information.
Sales contact information.
- Go to https://enterprise-ssl.websecurity.symantec.com - or the corresponding public page associated with your Organization's Jurisdiction.
NOTE: For non-US Managed PKI for SSL customers, refer to SO5019 for the lifecycle enrollment URL.
- Click Enroll for an additional Administrator ID
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the Enrollment for an Additional Administrator ID
Method 3 - Obtaining Admin ID Website Security Services (VICE2.0)
- Your Managed PKI for SSL account needs to have the following option enabled: Enable VICE 2.0 Web Services (API's for certificate enrollment). To request this feature, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must have a regular Admin ID for accessing the MSSL Control Center
- To enroll for a Website Security Services (VICE2.0) Admin ID, perform the steps below:
- Production enrollment: https://enterprise-ssl.websecurity.symantec.com/
Pilot enrollment: https://pilot-enterprise-ssl.websecurity.symantec.com/
- Enter the Organization as listed in the MPKI for SSL Account
- The administrator certificate used in support of VICE 2.0 will have the Web Services Application role only.
When entering the Managed PKI Administrator information please do not use an individual's information.
The first and last name on the VICE 2 Web Services Administrator ID should reflect something other than an individual.(e.g. a machine name)
- Create the Challenge Phrase
- Click the Accept & Submit button
- Once the VICE 2 Admin ID enrollment has been completed, send an email to email@example.com requesting information for the pocessing of the ID.