When installing a certificate for a Cisco ASA 5510, you may receive the following error:
Failed to parse or verify imported certificate
This error occurs when the Root and/or Intermediate CA certificate is missing from the Trustpoint in the Cisco ASA 5510.
To resolve this problem, install the correct Root and/or Intermediate CA certificate(s) for the Trustpoint.
Step 1: Download the Root and/or Intermediate CA certificate
Click here to download the Intermediate CA certificate
Step 2: Install the Root and/or Intermediate CA Certificate for Trustpoint
1. Within ASDM, click Configuration > Device Management.
2. Click Certificate Management > CA Certificates.
3. Click Add.
4. Click Paste certificate in PEM format and paste the certificate file in the text box.
----- BEGIN CERTIFICATE -----
----- END CERTIFICATE -----
5. Click Install Certificate.
6. Repeat the same steps to install each intermediate/root.
For more information, refer to Cisco ASA documentation.