The following steps are for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for a Citrix Access Gateway (CAG) 8.0 appliance:
- In the GUI configuration tool, go to SSL --> CA Tools
- Click Create RSA Key in the right pane (do not use the <Certificate wizard> link shown on the SSL page)
- Enter the Key Filename e.g. filename.key ; Key Size: 2048 ; Keep PEM as the key format and select DES3 for the PEM encoding algorithm ; Enter the PEM passphrase to protect the private key. Click Create, then Close
- Click Create Certificate Request on the CA Tools page. Type e.g. filename.csr for the request file name and e.g. filename.key for the key file name. Re-enter the PEM passphrase you created in the previous step
- Click Create and then click Close
- The filename.csr file now resides on the appliance in the /nsconfig/ssl directory.
This solution is referenced from the following link: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX113627