This document provides installation instructions for cPanel 11. If you are not able to perform these steps on your server, Symantec recommends that you contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports cPanel.
Step 1: Download the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download the certificate from Symantec Trust Center account.
- The ZIP file you downloaded contains the following certificates:
Note: Select the server platform as cPanel > Versions 10-11 when downloading the certificate.
- SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity certificate).
- Intermediate CA certificate (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the ssl certificate).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 2: Install your SSL Certificate
- Login to cPanel
- Under Security click on the SSL/TLS Manager icon.
- Click the link Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
- Paste the CSR you supplied to the Certificate Authority with Certificate Signing Request (CSR) section above.
- When the page loads, click the Browse button and locate the CRT file (i.e. SSL certificate downloaded in Step 1) or if you have highlighted
and copied the contents of your CRT file, paste it in the Upload a New Certificate text box.
- Click on the Upload button.
Step 3: Activate SSL on the Web Site in WHS (HTTPS)
- Click the link Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site in WHS
- Under Install/Update a SSL Host, select the domain from the Domain drop down list.
The system will attempt to Fetch the SSL Certificate and Private key.
- In the box labeled CA Bundle, paste the contents of the Intermediate CA file downloaded in Step 1.
- Click on Install Certificate.
- The certificate is now added to the server and assigned to the domain.
- Verify your installation with the Symantec Installation Checker
For additional information please refer to Cpanel 11 Documentation.