Firefox 2.0 or higher
- For this process to work successfully, you must use the same computer, browser and login that was used during enrollment for the certificate.
- If you have not installed the Root and Intermediate certificates, follow this link and do so now.
Shortly after completing enrollment, you should receive an e-mail from the Digital ID Center at the email address you entered in the enrollment form. It will contain instructions for installing the Digital ID. (If you do not receive an email within an hour, check your Junk email folder.)
Within the email are two important items: The Approval email which contains the URL to download the Digital ID and the Password email that contains the password you need.
- Navigate to the URL specified in the Approval email
- If the URL does not work, use this link and enter in your Access Code provided in the Approval email.
- Copy the Password from your password email
- Ensure that you have not captured any spaces on the beginning or the end of the password.
- Paste the password into the password field
- Click Submit
- A message will appear indicating "Your personal certificate has been installed. You should keep a backup copy of the certificate"
- Sometimes an error will appear stating that the certificate is not trusted and may not have been installed. Click Ok and move on to verify the installation. It is likely that your certificate has, in fact, been installed.
- Open Firefox
- Go to Tools (Orange tab for FF 10+ or Sandwich Button in the upper right) > Options > Advanced > Encryption tab > View Certificates
- The Certificate Manager window will open
- Your certificate should be located under the Your Certificates tab
- Highlight the certificate and click View to see it's details.
Backup your Certificate (Note: You must back up your certificate from Firefox and install it in Windows to use your certificate in a mail client or to sign documents.)
Back up your certificate using Firefox. Once your certificate is installed it is a good idea to back it up. You can then easily reinstall it in the event of a hard drive crash or if you wish to work on another computer.