Customers can revoke their certificate online by logging into their Trust Center account. To revoke a SSL or Code Signing certificate from a Trust Center account, perform the following steps.
- Go to https://trustcenter.websecurity.symantec.com/process/retail/console_login?application_locale=VRSN_US
- Enter your Username and Password > click Sign In
Note: If you do not remember your Username or Password, refer to SO6057
- From the list, select the appropriate certificate to revoke
- Under the Order summary tab, click Revoke
- Verify the certificate details > click Continue
- Click Revoke
Customers unable to revoke from their account must request revocation in writing by completing the Revocation Confirmation email form (attached) or by faxing a signed Revocation Letter.
- By revoking a certificate will make it unusable. Any web server or web site with a revoked SSL certificate will no longer be secured.
- While the certificate may be revoked immediately it will take up to 24hours until it is added to the Certificate Revocation List (CRL). Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) responder will flag the certificate as revoked immediately.
- Customers who would like to obtain a refund for their SSL or Code Signing certificate, refer to solution SO1313.