When your current certificate is about to expire, a Renewal is required. A Revoke & Replace (Reissue) is when you cancel a current, valid certificate and request a new one.
- DigiCert certificates are valid for a defined period from the date of issue, after which time they expire and have to be renewed.
- A renewal is required when your current, valid certificate is expiring in the near future.
- Before proceeding with the renewal, please refer to the Conditions for Renewal.
Revoke & Replace (Reissue):
- DigiCert provides the option to revoke & replace (reissue) for the entire validity of all SSL and Code Signing Certificates.
- A Revoke & Replace (Reissue) will allow you to cancel a currently issued certificate and request a brand new certificate.
- Before proceeding with the revoke & replace (reissue), please refer to the Conditions for Reissue.