To import Gatekeeper certificates, please start by ensuring you have two certificate backup files with the extension .pfx or .p12. The following instructions will need to be completed twice - once for each certificate.
- Open Internet Explorer
- From the menu bar, select Tools followed by Internet Options
- Select the Content tab, then click the Certificates button
- Click the Import button to import your certificate
- On the certificate selection screen, select Browse and then navigate to where your backup file is located. Please make sure “files of type” is set to “Personal Information Exchange (*.pfx,*.p12)”. Once you have selected the certificate backup file, click the Next button.
- Type the password for your certificate and make sure that the tick box “Mark this key as exportable” is selected, then click the Next button.
- Select “Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate”, then click the Next button.
- On the Completing the Certificate Import Wizard screen, click the Finish button.
- You should receive a prompt that the certificate has been installed - click the OK button.
Please ensure that you repeat these steps for both the signing and encryption certificate, as required.