Note: DigiCert PKI Enterprise Gateway - Local Key Escrow and Recovery Service (LKMS) version 1.22.1 and onwards make use of Log4j v2 by default.
DigiCert PKI Enterprise Gateway - Local Key Escrow and Recovery Service (LKMS) has been updated with the below changes:
- Upgraded all third-party libraries (including Log4j) to the latest versions
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 or 2019 as a data store
Updated LKMS WAR and enterpriseLog4j properties files are uploaded within this article.
Download the 'escrow-recovery-service.war' and 'enterpriseLog4j.properties' files, and follow the below instructions to upgrade LKMS service:
- Go to the '<Tomcat>\bin' directory
- Run 'stop_kmsws.bat' to stop the Tomcat web server from hosting the Local Key Escrow and Recovery Service
- Go to the '<Tomcat>\conf' directory
- Take a backup of the 'enterpriseLog4j.properties' file
- Place the updated 'enterpriseLog4j.properties' file
- Go to the '<Tomcat>\webapps' directory
- Move 'escrow-recovery-service' directory and 'escrow-recovery-service.war' file to the 'temp' directory
- Place the updated 'escrow-recovery-service.war' file under '<Tomcat>\webapps' directory
- Go to '<Tomcat>\bin' directory
- Run 'start_kmsws.bat' to start the Tomcat web server hosting, the Local Key Escrow and Recovery Service
- Verify that the service started successfully and you can enroll for an escrowed certificate and recover it. If no issues are encountered, delete the backed-up files from the 'temp' directory
SHA1(escrow-recovery-service.war) = 93f7d6751228442c45ea5b07ff11e9a22eb34c3f
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact PKI Support.