What is Happening
PKI 7 will be permanently shut down on July 31st, 2021.
Timeline for critical events
DigiCert PKI Platform 7 has stopped issuing new certificates. Your account has been set with an expired Service End Date, although certificate management operations (for example, revoke/suspend/recover) are still available.
- On June 21, we will begin exporting non-expired and non-escrowed—active and revoked—certificates from your DigiCert PKI Platform 7 account.
- We will import these certificates to your new DigiCert PKI Platform 8 account.
- Your locally escrowed certificates will NOT be automatically moved.
For continued access to locally escrowed certificates please see: Migrate escrowed certificates from PKI Platform 7.x to 8.x or contact PKI Support before July 10 and we will help you. Note that importing your certificates to DigiCert PKI Platform 8 will not count against your seat licenses.
- If you need to revoke or suspend a certificate between June 21 and July 12, you must do so from your DigiCert PKI Platform 7 account.
- After July 12, you will be able to perform all certificate activities in your DigiCert PKI Platform 8 account.
- At this time, your validation services (CRL and OCSP) will begin routing through our new system.
- DNS names and IP addresses will not change upon moving to DigiCert PKI Platform 8.
- If you don’t have access to PKI 8 or are having problems installing your admin cert please see: How to Pick up your Admin Cert.
- On July 31, we will begin to shut down DigiCert PKI Platform 7. After this time, the DigiCert PKI Platform 7 portal, services, and APIs will stop functioning.
If you have additional questions, please contact your account manager or PKI Support.