To disable automatic root certificates update on Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Server 2008, perform the steps outlined below.
Note: You must be a member of the local Administrators group to be able to perform the instructions stated on this solution. Please contact your local IT Support department for additional assistance.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- Double-click Administrative Templates, double-click System, double-click Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.
- Double-click Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update, click Disabled, and then click OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor.
For more information about Automatic Root Certificates Update configuration, refer to Microsoft's support article.